The Nobleton and Schomberg Branches are opening their doors to the public at limited capacity for the following in-person services:
- Collection browsing and borrowing
- Limited number of computers and study space available
- Photocopying, printing, scanning and faxing
- Township waste tag and recycling bin purchase
What You Need to Know
- Hours of operation remain reduced
- Staff-monitored entry
- All patrons must wear a mask when entering the Library
- Washrooms are available
- Children's computers, LEGO table, & activity table are not available
- No Community Room rentals
- No indoor programming
- The Library continues to waive overdue fines
- Physical distancing and sanitization is taking place
- Not feeling well? Please stay home!
Curbside Service Locations FAQs
The King City branch remains in Curbside Service, for now, please check kinglibrary.ca for branch reopening updates.
1. Is the Library open?
Branches in Curbside Service are not permitting any inside visits. Curbside pickup for holds and photocopying/scanning/fax/printing services are available during curbside hours. We encourage you to use our mobile printing service for easy pickup.
2. What is Curbside Service?
Curbside Service is a way for the Library to lend books and materials to the public in a safe way during a public health emergency like the COVID–19 Pandemic. Patrons will be able to place holds on almost all library materials. When notified that your hold is available for pickup, visit the library during curbside hours to retrieve your hold. You do not need an appointment.
3. Do I need a car for Curbside Service?
No. Curbside Service simply means you pick up your books outside of your branch at a designated location. Feel free to ride a bike or walk if you’d like.
4. How do I return my materials?
All Library materials can be returned to a drop-box at any KTPL branch location at any time.
5. Are you still charging fines?
Currently, fines are not being charged for late materials. We continue to charge for lost and damaged materials.
6. How do I place a hold?
You can place books and materials on hold through the Library’s online catalogue with your library card. This video shows you how easy it is! Alternatively, Library staff are also happy to help you find the books and materials you are looking for over the phone and place the holds for you. Contact your local branch.
7. Can I browse books?
You can safely browse materials via our online catalogue. Our branches also provide a small variety of books on display in our pickup areas or visit an in-person location. You can also take advantage of our Grab+Go bags that have been carefully curated by Library staff; there are many topics and genres to choose from.
8. What if I have mobility issues and can not leave my vehicle?
We can place your items directly into the trunk of your vehicle. Please contact the branch ahead of time so we can arrange this.
9. How is the library maintaining the health and safety of patrons and staff?
The contactless Curbside Service model we are using provides maximum physical distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff. We also provide our staff with PPE, such as masks and gloves. The Library is no longer quarantining returned items as per provincial government amendments.
10. When will all your branches be open?
Please check kinglibrary.ca for branch reopening updates.