The King Township Public Library recognizes that making COVID-19 vaccination appointments can be a challenging task. This is especially true for those who are unable to book an appointment due to a lack of technical skill or equipment, including Internet access. The Library is available to provide assistance to residents of King Township who need a helping hand to access and navigate vaccine registration sites.
During the King City branch's Curbside service hours, Library staff will:
- For those who are deemed eligible by the Province, walk through the process with the caller to assist them in booking their vaccine appointment in York Region using the York Region appointment portal
- If appointments are available during the assistance call, staff will book an appointment for the caller and confirm the date and time information with the caller
- Attempt to answer questions to the best of their ability regarding the vaccine booking process
Library staff cannot:
- Cancel appointments
- Confirm time/dates of booked appointments
- Give medical advice or recommend vaccine type
Please call 905-833-5101 during Curbside Service Hours, Tue & Thu 10 am - 2 pm and Wed 4 - 8 pm
All personal information collected will be used solely for registration and will be destroyed. Note that the Library does not maintain appointment information and cannot confirm previously scheduled appointments.
Frequently Asked Questions
I do not have a computer or reliable internet in order to make an appointment for a vaccine. Can you help?
Can you help me change, confirm or cancel an appointment I’ve already made?
The library has no access to appointment bookings. Anyone needing to change, confirm or cancel an appointment needs to access the same place they booked their appointment, e.g. York Region Vaccination Registration site, York Region Health or local clinic/pharmacy.