The King Township Public Library recognizes that making COVID-19 vaccination appointments can be a challenging task. This is especially true for those who are unable to book an appointment due to a lack of technical skill or equipment, including Internet access. The Library is available to provide assistance to residents of King Township who need a helping hand to access and navigate vaccine registration sites.
During the King City branch's Curbside service hours, Library staff will:
- For those who are deemed eligible by the Province, walk through the process with the caller to assist them in booking their vaccine appointment in York Region using the York Region appointment portal
- If appointments are available during the assistance call, staff will book an appointment for the caller and confirm the date and time information with the caller
- Attempt to answer questions to the best of their ability regarding the vaccine booking process
- Provide information for questions that we do not have answers for
Library staff cannot:
- Cancel appointments
- Confirm time/dates of booked appointments
- Book 2nd appointments until 16 weeks after 1st shot
- Give medical advice or recommend vaccine type
Please call 905-833-5101 during Curbside Service Hours, Tue & Thu 9 am - 2 pm and Wed 3 - 8 pm
All personal information collected will be used solely for registration and will be destroyed. Note that the Library does not maintain appointment information and cannot confirm previously scheduled appointments.
Frequently Asked Questions
I do not have a computer or reliable internet in order to make an appointment for a vaccine. Can you help?
Absolutely! You may call the King City branch (905-833-5101) during regular curbside hours and ask for help to book your first-dose appointment. We will be using the York Region Vaccination Registration site.
Can you help me change, confirm or cancel an appointment I’ve already made?
The library has no access to appointment bookings. Anyone needing to change, confirm or cancel an appointment needs to access the same place they booked their appointment, e.g. York Region Vaccination Registration site, York Region Health or local clinic/pharmacy.
Is there a waiting list for the vaccine clinic at Trisan Centre?
The Trisan Centre will occasionally take names for a waiting list on site for those that have been turned away. The Library currently has no access to this list.
Can you help me book an appointment for a second dose?
You may have already been scheduled for your second dose so it is strongly recommended that you check all email confirmations of your first dose. If your first dose took place as a walk-in, you will be contacted by either the Ministry of Health or York Region Health to initiate your second dose appointment booking. The Library is unable to help you book appointments further than what the York Region Vaccination Registration site will allow, usually anywhere from a few days or weeks at most. The province continues to modify how second doses will be rolled out and we can only convey the information that is made available to the general public. Currently, we can only help those who meet eligibility for a shortened second dose as outlined by the Ministry of Health.