The hamlet of Eversley is situated on the corner of the 3rd concession and 15th sideroad. It is believed to have been named for the village of Eversley, in Hampshire, England. The corner was originally called Tinline Corners after one of the early settlers James Tinline, who was the storekeeper, as well as the first postmaster when the post office opened in 1865. In 1878, Job Wells and his brother James built a cheese factory, in partnership with W.G. Lloyd. The fame of the cheese factor spread far and wind and the farmers started out early in the morning with wagons filled with cans of milk, and set off for the factory.
For additional information: